General Rule for all procedures
- You must not be pregnant or nursing.
- You must not be on acne medication.
- You must be off accutane for at least one year.
- Do not take fish oil 1week prior to procedure.
- No alcohol consumption 48 hrs before.
- No caffeine that morning.
- Caffiene and alcohol thins the blood and cause for more bleeding and swelling.
- No tanning before procedure or 10 days after.
- You may be more sensitive when getting tattooed during your menstrual cycle.
- Come in with little to no makeup on day of procedure.
- Best to come in with clean hair to avoid getting the tattoo wet for next few of days.
Other Blood Thinners include but not limited to:
- Fish Oil (avoid at least 1 week before)
- Turmeric (commonly found in curry dishes--avoid tumeric pills a week before )
- Multi-Vitamins (Especially Vitamin E, C & D-- avoid one week before)
- Ginkgo Biloba
- Calcium supplements
Please avoid these at least 48-36 hours before the procedure. Also, avoid spicy or acidic food or lots of caffeine the night before. Please do not eat fish or curry the day before or day of the procedure.
- Proper care following your procedure is required to achieve optimum result.
- Area may be swollen and tender for up to 72 hours. Ice may be applied to help with swelling. (Do not put ice directly on skin. Moist paper towel may be placed between skin and ice.)
- Darkness, thickness and unevenness of shape right after the procedure is normal due to swelling.
No Sweating for at least 10 days!!
It is very hot and humid in Hawaii, but it is your responsibility to keep the tattoo dry during the healing process inside and outside of the body for it to heal properly.
- Avoid applying makeup for 5 days
- Avoid hot tubs, chlorinated pool, sauna, saltwater, direct shower spray, long hot showers and excessive sun.
- No heavy exercise for at least 10 days.
- No swimming until the area is completely healed, salt water or chlorine can cause the pigments to fade and or change in color.
- Do not touch the area during the healing process. Avoid soaking the area with soap and water. Gently washing with mild cleanser and water is okay.
- Monitor area for any oozing. Press gently with tissue to remove. If body fluids remain, a thick scab will develop and will inhibit color pigment saturation.
- A scab will form within 2-3 days. When scabbing begins, apply lotion provided 3-4x a day with cotton swab or clean hands.
- Tenderness, dryness and itching are normal during the healing process. Do not pick, peel or scratch the area or color will heal unevenly. Scratching may cause scarring.
- When scabbing is over, the color will appear very light and grey. Some color will be lost (approximately 20% - 60%).
- Allow the inside of the skin to heal and color will slightly darken after 4 weeks.
After your 1st touch up, please do not come any sooner than 2 years for your next visit. We are tattooing the same area over and over, over working the brow area will compromise the skin. Each time we tattoo, we create scar tissue which our body will eventually get rid of over time. Every skin type is different. Some clients will create more scar tissue than others. Over tattooing the skin, will make the brow area thick and rubbery which will result in tattooed looking brows and NOT soft powdery brows.